Being a new blogger can be quite intimidating, especially looking at all the great dishes and treats that others in the community are whipping up. I’m still working on my photography – I never thought it would be so hard. I have a new-found respect for food photographers, especially those that photograph their own food!
Many of us food bloggers find recipes to try from other blogs that we follow. I was so happy to have received The Versatile Blogger Award from Just Baked (and I have to admit, I thought it was spam when I first saw it)! If you haven’t already visited her site, you must! There are so many yummy treats there, mostly sweet, but some savory too. Her blog is where I found the Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting – AMAZING! This will more than likely be a first stop for any desserts I try to bake in the future.
Anyway, back to the award…“It is a great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise.”
And here are the rules of this awesome award
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
And in no particular order…
The Versatile Blogger Award goes to:
Alida @ Alida’s Kitchen
Jessy @ Gourmet: Day to Day
Nicole @ Prevention RD
Bridget @ The Way the Cookie Crumbles
Jessica @ How Sweet It Is
Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker
Ammie @ Adventures in My Kitchen
Laura @ Tide and Thyme
Aryn @ A Student’s Challenge
I only have 11 so far…I can’t follow everyone As I continue to find great recipes (or blogs in general, though most of these are food blogs), I’ll definitely be adding more!
Now, for the 7 things about myself…
1. I love cooking – duh! I dream of starting my own catering and/or party planning business someday, but I am inherently not a risk taker, so doing something like that would require a lot of planning and calculating for me to take the plunge. I’m crazy organized and love lists, planning, and budgets.
2. I’m a certified scuba diver and love vacationing somewhere warm and exploring under the sea. Recently I was in Belize and encountered nurse sharks – probably close to 20 of them at one time. My boyfriend, Nate (who had a video camera), and dad were with me, and saw one almost take a bite of my fin! I still need to see the video on this one (or maybe I shouldn’t!).
3. I have a special place in my heart for wine, mostly for drinking, but sometimes cooking with it too. Last April, I planned a bachelorette party for my best girlfriend and took my first trip to Sonoma, CA. It was gorgeous and I hope to return this year with Nate in October.
4. I used to be a flight attendant and got to travel internationally to Japan, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, and Sao Paulo. All places I never thought I’d get too! I’d love to go Rome in the next 10 years.
5. Nate and I have four cats. We aren’t weird cat people, at least, we didn’t set out to be that way. When we met, we each had two cats, and we all moved in together last summer. While Nate and I seem to be doing alright, the cats still don’t get along all that well ;) Maybe someday?
6. My girlfriend and I met Steven Spielberg at a dueling piano bar in Las Vegas. He even played a song!
7. I’ve run 6 marathons; five of them were in Minnesota, and 1 in D.C. The Twin Cities Marathon is by far the best, the course and the fans! I’ll be running my 7th marathon in October, again Twin Cities Marathon (followed by a rewarding trip to wine country!).